At Vittone Eye Surgical Associates PC,
we treat retinal problems, especially macular degeneration. AMD is a chronic condition that causes central vision loss. It occurs when the macula, the part of the retina that lets you see color and fine detail, becomes damaged. AMD is a major cause of central vision loss in Americans aged 55 and older, affecting more than a million men and women. Schedule your appointment today to see how we can help treat your macular degeneration.
• Have a comprehensive dilated eye exam at least once a year if you are age 60 or older.
• Exercise regularly and control your weight
• Quit smoking.
• Eat more leafy green vegetables and fish.
• Keep your blood pressure normal.
• Keep your cholesterol levels low.